Support Material for WPMU
If want support material for your WPMU installs here is where you can find our resources so far:
- Site Admin user manuals
- WordPress MU manual – for installing WPMU
- Here on WPMU.org where we are serialising The WPMU Manual. Posts to date are:
- Choosing a domain name and hosting service
- Setting up your MySQL database and user
- Installing WordPress MU
- Changing permissions on public_html and wp-content plus deleting .htaccess
- Setting up your sub-domain or sub-directory and resetting permissions
- Sorting out your WordPress MU themes
- Enabling plugin access site wide and activating and deactivating regular plugins
- Using mu-plugins
- Running SQL code on your WPMU database
- Setting up your WPMU Support Email Account – using cPanel
- Editing your site admin options
- There is no difference in the Site admin in WPMU 2.8.1 and 2.8.2 so the Edublogs Campus Site Admin Manual is fine for your 2.8.2 installs
- Our Edublogs Campus installs includes WPMU Dev Premium Plugins to make our sites suite the needs of the educational community. If you compare the ‘Editing Site Options sections’ in Edublogs Campus Site Admin Manual with Premium Site options in The WordPress MU Site Admin Guide it lists many of the mu-plugins we use.
I’m now currently in the process of creating support resources to help our WPMU users (version 2.8.1 or 2.8.2). Initially it will be located here for Edublogs and Edublogs Campus users and then adapted for our other sites (Blogs.mu, WPMU Dev Premium and WPMU.org).
Once this is done it will be back to installation instructions for WPMU Dev Premium Plugins!