WordPress has announced the release of its latest app for Apple mobile devices – Version 3.0.
The main difference most will notice will be the new “Swipe to Moderate Toolbar” for comments. When you pull up comments, you can now swipe over them to activate a simple options bar that allows you to choose Approve, Trash, Spam, or Reply.
In addition to the new comments bar, a number of bugs were fixed, and translations were added for Chinese (Taiwan), Hungarian, and Polish.
It is available through the iOS app store.
(See below for future release plans.)
Featured Plugin - WordPress Infinite SEO Plugin
Coming in the Next Release
Slated for the next release (Version 3.1) due out at the end of June are the following:
- Sliding Panels for the iPad for quicker management and better overview capabilities.
- Slide-out iPhone/iPod Touch Menu for fast access to common tasks
- Post Formats for the post editor
- Improved Welcome Screen
- More iPad Stats
Plans for Future Releases
Beyond the late June update, the following are scheduled (according to the blog post):
- Image settings in post editor to set Title, Description, Alignment, Size, and more.
- Simple visual editor for text formatting options.
- Support for Galleries.
- Improved post/page Preview.
- Simpler access to Save Draft and other publishing settings.
- Quick Photo with “advanced” fields such as tags, categories.
- Push notifications for self-hosted blogs through Jetpack.
- Support for setting Featured Images.
Developers Looking for Feedback and Testing
If you’d like to get involved in giving feedback on features or testing new builds, then you can find out how to get involved on the iOS Development Page.