As Christmas approaches, some people like to add a little holiday flair to their site without completely switching to a different theme. If that’s your case, then one of these Christmas plugins may be just what you’re looking for.
1. WP-Christmas (Download Here)
This plugin gives you a little bit of snow (if you like), but it’s main job is to hop a few animated snowmen onto your screen that wish you a Merry Christmas.
You have control over several options on the plugin, including showing it only once, as well as the ability to insert your own custom image.
The animation moves pretty smoothly this plugin, and it has a nice little sound effect when then snowmen come out.
Featured Plugin - WordPress Wiki Plugin
2. Christmas Lights (Download Here)
This plugin strings large blinking Christmas lights across the top of your site. There is no settings page. Just activate it, and it begins working.
3. Christmas Message (Download Here)
Provide a custom Christmas message with a bright red splash box and a cheery Santa Claus. A simple settings page allows you to customize your message as well as set how long your cookie should last.
4 Fancy Events (Download Here)
This plugin lets you choose falling Christmas trees as one of the options it offers. It also has a number of nice settings (such as transparency levels and speed) so that you don’t annoy your visitors.
These next three plugins primarily offer you falling snow.
5. Snow Storm (Download Here)
Simple plugin. No settings. Not overwhelming. Just a few white flakes falling from the top left-hand side of your site down to the bottom right-hand side.
Featured Plugin - WordPress Appointments Plugin
6. WP Snow Effect (Download Here)
This is another simple plugin with no settings page. The difference with this plugin is that the flakes seem to dissolve about a quarter of the way down from the top of your page. This is a nice feature because it doesn’t run into your actual content area.
7. Snow, balloons and more (Download Here)
Lots of options with this plugin. Here are a few:
- Lets you control how many snowflakes fall.
- Lets you choose different types of snowflakes or other objects (including a Santa Claus and Christmas lights).
- You can choose multiple items to fall at the same time.
- Allows you to make objects float upwards.
- Allows you to add your own images.
- Allows you to stop the flakes after so many seconds.
- Plus more options.
Featured Plugin - WordPress Newsletter Plugin
Photo: Blue christmas tree from BigStock